Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 9-Handmade Gifts

  My mother in law Bonnie wears aprons and has a lovely collection of them that I've tried to add to most christmases.  This is this year's version (modeled by Katie).  I wanted to do something a little bit retro and I decided to make my pattern since I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  It worked out pretty well, though when I make one for me I will make the bib smaller and shorter as I am shorter than Bonnie (and most people..except Katie :).
  I haven't done a lot of sewing in the last five years or so but I remembered with this project why I love it.  Its especially rewarding to use my talents and skills to make something for someone else.  I could have purchased an apron online for about the same price as the fabric (cheaper if you count my time) but making something for Bonnie in colors that she  loves, makes me happy.  Its not about efficiency or thrift, for me its about being focused on someone I care about while I create something just for them. 

  I purchased the fabric at Sew EZ Too http://www.ezknit.com/ (in their brick and mortar store).

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment