Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Countdown To Christmas Dec 5- A New Tradition

I first heard someone mention Elf on the Shelf about three years ago on a scrapbooking site.  Since then photos have begun cropping up everywhere, and when I finally succumbed to my youngest child's pleading to go to the bookstore (a child after my own heart!) and saw them there I couldn't resist.  It helped that they were 30% off, plus a $5 gift card from my sister-in-law from Swiss Chalet (Chapters/Indigo). 

Because the movie ELF is our family's all time Christmas favorite right now, I thought it would be fitting for the first night to re-create the scene where he creates a North Pole winter wonderland from paper snowflakes while everyone is sleeping.  The kids have named him Elfredo, and they are actually excited about coming up with ideas of things for him to do each night, and plan on taking turns staging a surprise for the rest of us each day until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment