Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Countdown to Christmas Dec 2- Oh Christmas Tree

Putting up the Christmas tree is is something I look forward to with great anticipation every year.  My tree usually goes up the second week of November since as Canadians, our Thanksgiving is over with in early October.


Of course  I begin planning even before then what my "theme" will be.  I like to change things up a bit (or a LOT) every few years, and the tree always has a theme.  Some years it has been just a color scheme (blue and silver, copper and cream red and gold, jewel tones, all whites) and other years it is more specific (Country Christmas, a Partridge in a Pear Tree, The Nativity, Angels).  To keep it from costing a fortune, when I get tired of one theme, I'll break out the glue gun and spray paint and give the old ornaments a new life- some have had more makeovers than Joan Rivers. (I'll share a few  of these in the next few days)

Once the Halloween decorations are packed away the tree goes up, launching another season of festivities.  Since we have 4 children, I have begun setting up a second tree for the kids so they can have more input into how it is decorated, and they help me decorate both, but the big tree is always something special.  This years tree is done in teal, silver, and white with lots of mercury glass- I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment