Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Countdown Day 7: Oh Christmas Tree- Nicole's version

Ah the family christmas tree decorating scene: carols playing, children gather around, daddy lifts the youngest up to place the star while mother and the others smile serenely.  Then hot cocoa and some more sweetly sung carols.  At my house its only slightly different.  It starts with my slealthily hiding all the ornaments that don't "go" with my vision (don't judge me).  Then there are accusations about me never letting the kids decorate how they want (especially from my 12 year old artsy daughter who has her own vision).  Then there were the three shattered ornaments (one antique) before any even made it to the tree.  *sigh*  The trick, it turns out, is to "own my expectations."  So.  My husband and children did their musicky thing and drank hot chocolate (I have a dairy allergy anyway) and I decorated the tree with minimal help.  I like it that way and so did they.  :)
Happy Holidays!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment